Prep time – 30mins
Cooking time – 50mins
Serves – 4
|Rainbow trout (or other fish) – 4 x 100g||400g||95||29.5||0|
|Brown rice, cooked – 3 cups||550g||17||6||145|
|Zucchini, medium size – 4||600g||7||2||13|
|Green peas, steamed – 2 cups||300g||15.5||1||29|
|Baby spinach – 2 cups||60g||1.5||0||1|
|Lemon, one medium – grated zest and juice||1||0||0||3|
|Olive oil – 1 tablespoon||20ml||0||18||0|
|Dijon mustard – 1 teaspoon||1tsp||0||0||0|
|Parsley or other herbs to garnish||n/a||0||0||0|
|Chilli flakes (optional)||n/a||0||0||0|
|Total per serve||34g||14g||48g|
Serves – 4
per Serve – 450 cal / 1860 kJ
for Low carb – replace rice and peas with other green vegetables and avocado
- Heat oven to 190°C. You will need two baking trays covered with baking paper.
- Cut fish fillets into 4 serving pieces if needed. Place skin sides down, folding thin ends under if necessary for even thickness.
- Cut zucchini into rounds then halves. Arrange on remaining space on baking trays.
- Lightly spray zucchini with quality olive oil spray.
- Bake fish uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Continue to bake zucchini until soft and starting to brown.
Making the Dressing
- Combine the lemon juice, zest, olive oil and mustard in a jar and shake.
Combining the Salad
- When brown rice is finished cooking, stir through the baby spinach to wilt.
- Pour dressing over the rice and gently stir through.
- Add peas and roasted zucchini to the rice.
- Divide rice mixture across 4 serving bowls.
- Break fish into pieces and arrange on rice.
- Serve warm garnished with fresh herbs (e.g. parsley) and chilli flakes.