Prep time – 15mins
Cooking time – 15mins
Serves – 6
|Eggs, large - 10||10||63||53||6|
|Spinach - 2 cups chopped||2 cups||2||0||1|
|Parmesan fresh, grated - 1 cup||110g||40||30||3.5|
|Fetta, firm style - 50g||50g||9||12||0|
|Italian herbs, dried - 1/2 teaspoon||1/2 tsp||0||0||0|
|Pepper to taste||n/a||0||0||0|
|Total per serve||1||19g||16g||2g|
Serves – 6 (2 muffins)
per Serve – main ingredients only: 225 cal / 950 kJ
Egg muffins make a perfect grab and go breakfast. They are very adaptable, with the spinach easily substituted for another vegetable such as onion, mushrooms and/or tomato. If you don’t have any feta or parmesan, but have plenty of cheddar on hand, use that instead.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a 12 hole muffin pan with paper or silicon liners. Or grease with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk eggs with black pepper. Whisk in Italian herbs until combined.
- Stir in spinach and cheese (keep some parmesan to sprinkle on top).
- Divide mixture evenly into muffin cups filling each about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle with the reserved parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until set.