Prep time – 30mins
Cooking time – 0mins
Serves – 8
|Anchovy fillets – 6||6||6||2||0|
|Egg yolks – 2 large||2||5||9||1|
|Garlic – 1 clove||1||0||0||0|
|Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons||40ml||0||0||2.5|
|Dijon mustard – 1 teaspoon||5ml||0||0||0|
|Olive oil – 2 tablespoons||40ml||0||40||0|
|MCT or macadamia oil – 1/2 cup||125ml||0||125||0|
|Parmesan, finely grated – 3 tablespoons||24g||7||6||1|
|Salt and pepper to taste||n/a||0||0||0|
|Boiled eggs, medium size – 8||8||50||42||4.5|
|Chicken breast, grilled – 600g||600g||185||27||0|
|Cos lettuce – 2 large||600g||8||2||7|
|Cherry tomatoes, halved – 24||400g||3.5||1||11|
|Croutons, made from low carb bread – 2 cups||2 slices||24||13||5|
|Extra parmesan – 2 tablespoons||18g||5||6||0.1|
|Total per serve||37g||34g||4g|
Serves – 8
per Serve – 470 cal / 1950 kJ
The classic Caesar dressing, with some extras to make a meal.
- Mash and chop the anchovy fillets and garlic into a paste – using the side of a knife blade helps.
- Scrape the paste into a medium bowl.
- Whisk in the egg yolks, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Then, adding drop by drop to start, gradually whisk in olive oil, followed by the MCT, macadamia or other mild-tasting oil.
- Whisk until dressing is thick and glossy.
- Mix through the Parmesan.
- Season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice if needed.
- Tear up the bread into chunks and arrange it on a baking tray.
- Toast under a grill or in the oven at 180 degrees until lightly brown and toasted.
- If watching carbs it is important to use very low carb bread.
- Toss the lettuce and croutons with the dressing and divide across serving bowls.
- Top with the chicken, boiled eggs and tomato.
- Drizzle over any extra dressing and sprinkle with parmesan.