Prep time – 20mins
Cooking time – 60mins
Serves – 8
|Beef mince, lean - 750g||750g||190||80||0|
|Brown onion, finely chopped - 2 medium||200g||1||0||16|
|Red capsicum, chopped - 2 medium||300g||3||0||9|
|Garlic, crushed - 3 cloves||3||0||0||0|
|Corn, fresh cob - 1 medium||1||4||1.5||20|
|Tomatoes, chopped - 2 cans||800g||10||2||26|
|Kidney beans, drained - 1 can||300g||23||2||50|
|Olive oil, extra virgin - 1 tablespoon||20g||0||18||0|
|Cumin powder - 3 teaspoons||3 tsp||0||0||0|
|Oregano, dried - 2 teaspoons||2 tsp||0||0||0|
|Paprika, ground - 2 teaspoons||2 tsp||0||0||0|
|Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon||1 tsp||0||0||0|
|Salt to taste||n/a||0||0||0|
|Total per serve||1||29g||13g||15g|
Serves – 8
per Serve – main ingredients: 290 cal / 1210 kJ
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions, capsicums and garlic and cook for a few minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add all the spices and stir through until fragrant.
- Add mince, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up the mince, for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Add canned tomatoes and 1 cup of cold water. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium/low and simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until sauce has reduced slightly.
- Add the drained and rinsed kidney beans and bring back to medium heat and cook for a further 15 minutes or until beans are heated through and sauce has thickened.