Prep time – 15mins
Cooking time – 1 hour 20mins
Serves – 10
|Ricotta cheese (full fat) - 3/4 cup||190g||21||25||6|
|Almond meal / flour - 2 cups||220g||46||110||19|
|Baking powder - 1 teaspoon||1tsp||0||0||0|
|Cacao powder - 1/4 cup||20g||5||2||5|
|Erythritol - 1/3 cup||1/3cup||0||0||0|
|Butter - 100g||100g||0||81||0|
|Water - 1 cup hot||250ml||0||0||0|
|Raspberries, frozen - 1 cup||250g||1||1||6|
|Total per serve||7g||22g||4g|
SERVES – 10
per Serve – main ingredients: 240 cal / 1000 kJ
This cake has a pudding like texture and is packed full of nutritious ingredients – good enough to eat for breakfast!
• Place ricotta in a sieve over a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight to allow the excess moisture to drain from the cheese.
• Preheat the over to 160 degrees. Line a loaf pan or round cake tin with baking paper.
• Sift cocoa and baking soda and mix through the almond meal. Add the erythritol, butter, water and ricotta.
• Mix well, then gently fold through the raspberries.
• Pour mixture into the baking pan.
• Bake for 1 hour and 20 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
• Stand in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool.