Prep time – 20mins
Cooking time – 20mins
Serves – 4
|Chicken thigh fillets, sliced – 300g||300g||83||18||0|
|Olive oil – 1 TBS||20ml||0||19||0|
|Onion – 1 small||70g||1||0||6|
|Cabbage, sliced – 2 cups||180g||2||0||6|
|Carrot, sliced – 1 cup||130g||1||0||9|
|Bone Broth – 1 litres||1 lt||35||2||0|
|Water – 2 cups||500ml||0||0||0|
|Salt to taste||n/a||0||0||0|
|Parsley, chopped – garnish||1 tbs||0||0||0|
|Total per serve||31g||10g||5g|
Serves – 4
per Serve – 230 cal / 1000 kJ
Adjust the ingredients to suit your eating style, whether keto or high carb, low fat – it will taste great either way.
- Gently heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based pan. Have the onion ready to add to prevent the olive oil from getting to hot and smoking.
- Saute the onion for a few minutes, then add the chicken and cook for another few minutes
- Add the bone broth, water and vegetables and bring to the boil. Then cover and simmer until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Season to taste and divide between serving bowls. Garnish with parsley.
- Ketogenic: serve with a low carb roll and butter.
- High carb, low fat: add diced potato or sweet potato when bringing the bone broth to the boil.